netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.68 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1
What they mean:
- netsh is the command already built into your XP
- interface ip set address is the command to set a fixed IP.
- name="Local Area Connection" is the name of the interface. This is the name of the interface that you can see on your Networks window from the Control Panel.
- static means it is a static IP
- 192.168.0.68 is an example IP address that I want to assign
- 255.255.255.0 is the netmask as an example
- 192.168.0.1 is the gateway as an example
- 1 is the routing metric, you can almost always leave this as 1
Post a Comment