- You have a remote computer named XYZZY
- Inside it is a private queue named MyQueue
- You have written the MSMQ code in C# (or .NET)
- When accessing locally within XYZZY, you can use .\private$\MyQueue it works.
- When trying to get to the queue using "XYZZY\private$\MyQueue from another computer even on the same subnet and no firewall enabled, you now get an MSMQ exception stating "Invalid Queue Path Name"
Try this way.
Note, spell FormatName exactly how it is. It is the only part that is case sensitive!
This was tested on Windows Server 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5