Update: After the Windows 8 Release, this article became one of the top reads! This is mainly because you probably installed Visual Studio 2012 then realized that it broke your 2010. This is something even Microsoft support does not readily know!
- You have installed Visual Studio 2012 recently while having Visual Studio 2010 SP 1
- You then open the Servers and connect to an SQL server (either 2008 or 2012) from VS 2010
- Try to create a table in one of the connected database.
- You get an error "The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007E)"
- Additionally if you want to design the DBML with LINQ to SQL, you cannot drag a table into the Design Surface
When you installed VS 2012 it has "corrupted" with the following DLL version that does not work right in VS 2010.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Visual Database Tools\dsref80.dll
Note that "repair" of Visual Studio will not work. Do not go down that path! You pretty much need a completely clean installation of this, as it is in the shared file. So do not waste your time.
Find a system that never had a Visual Studio 2012. Harvest dsfre80.dll and copy this to the same location on your damaged computer and you are good to go.
At worst case, create a Virtual Machine, for example use the free Virtual Box, install a VS 2010 on it and harvest the file.
Thanks. Worked for me.
Worked for me too...Thank you very much!!!
Worked for me too! Thank you :)
thanks man I wasted a lot of time I solve it now
Wow...This sure saved a lot of time and effort!
Thanks from the bottom of my queues!!!
You saved my day!!! Thanks so much! How did you figure that out? Impossible for me.
Post a Comment