You upgraded to Windows 10 and now you cannot RDP to the system at your home network. (I do this a lot because I use Mac at home and RDP to my laptop which is Surface 3).
One of the Root CausesIn my situation, all of my WiFi connection went to Public which automatically turned off just about any incoming traffic to it from the Windows Firewall. This is a good feature. Do not turn that off.
To Make Your WiFi Network to PrivateThis, I guarantee you will take some time as there has been a big change.
- On your desktop, click the New Notifications icon on the task bar. That' far right and looks like a Messaging icon.
- Right click over WiFi and "Go to Settings."
- This is where you will be lost, especially if you have many spots.
- On the list of WiFi access points scroll all the way down.
- Click HomeGroup
- If your system is like mine, you will get a chance to enable the HomeGroup on the network you are on.
Post a Comment